Sumptuous recipe for hot buttered oysters
- Open the oysters and detach completely from their shells.
- Discard the top shell, but keep the deep shell and reserve the liquid.
- Put the shells into a low oven (225°F) to heat through.
- Melt half the butter in a pan until it foams.
- Toss the oysters in the butter until heated through, approx. 1 minute.
- Put a hot oyster into each of the warm shells.
- Pour the reserved oyster liquid into the pan and bring to a boil, whisking in the remaining butter and the parsley.
- Spoon the hot juices over the oysters and serve immediately on hot plates accompanied by the lemon wedges. Alternatively, discard the shells and just serve the oysters